PH response

    So far I am actually really enjoying Purple Hibiscus for an assigned book. It's so real, nothing is filtered. It really creeps me out how religious this family is and how absolutely crazy their father is which draws me into the book even more because it is not normal. My two reading focus topics, gender and race, are applying to most of the book which gives me a lot to talk about.

    For gender, it's the pretty basic: man of the house goes to work, woman stays home to take care of everyone. There isn't much interesting or abnormal things that go into gender, but race has a whole lot. People who are Nigerian get killed easily, are poor unless they are somebody like Eugene, and lack all resources. It's the pretty basic stuff that also has a wide variety of situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post

reading response to VOMEW

research update