what places do you remember fondly from childhood?

   A place I remember very well is the second house I ever lived in which was in New Orleans like my first house. It was our brand new house we just moved into. My sister was not even born yet when we moved in (this was when I was almost 2). I do not know how I remember this house so well because we had it for only about a year until Hurricane Katrina hit the hardest in our area. I even know my address from the old house and my parents don't know that I know that because I was so young. We lived on 324 Spencer Avenue in the Lakeview area. We lived on the corner, closest to the levy that broke in the hurricane, so we weren't going to be moving back to New Orleans.

      While we were empty of having a house, we lived in at our camp in Natchez, Mississippi. I remember the power going out while the Hurricane was still going on because it had come to Natchez. We lived at our camp for a long time before buying the house I am living in right now. I remember one time me and my sister running outside naked with underwear on our heads because we were weird. From that point on until we stopped living there all the time I just remember random memories. Whenever my family does go to our camp every so often we talk about how me and my sister used to run around with no clothes on when we were babies at the camp.

Comments

  1. Its so crazy that you remember where you lived, even though you were so young! And the story of you and your sister was very funny. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free post

reading response to VOMEW

research update