PH respoonse

   So far I am really enjoying Purple Hibiscus. It does kind of all relate to one topic and that is basically Jesus, but I find that interesting how religious people can be. I thought I was religious because I go to church on Sunday with my family, but this family is on a way higher level of religion than I could imagine. I find it surprising how much they pray, how much the kids try to please their father, and how much drama they have.

    My two reading topics I chose to focus on are race and gender. I chose these two because in a way they relate like with separation and privileges each can have. For the race topic, this book gives a lot of insight for it with Nigerian people being taken away for the smallest things that aren't that big of a deal. For gender there isn't much except for the basic concept that women work the house and men make the money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post

reading response to VOMEW

research update